3.01.2013

The Uexpected Outcome

There are few times in life when you can step back and suddenly see how everything fits together perfectly--almost as if that was the way it was always meant to be. And most importantly, each piece of that puzzle was uniquely memorable. It all held a purpose in who you are.

I grew up being reminded on a regular basis that I was not very smart; and to make matters worse, I was a very slow learner too. I usually would study longer and practice more than other children my age, just to achieve a passing grade. I knew I was really trying, but it just didn't seem to come easy. I watched as my peers finished schoolwork in a matter of minutes while it took me hours and even days sometimes. At an early age, I had accepted that I would not go far with my education and the best plan was to find a good husband and be a housewife. I was quite happy with that plan, but as life would have it things went differently.

My senior year of high school, I found myself enrolled in a junior college taking everything from writing classes to math and computer courses. By the time I transferred to a 4 year college, I had a 3.8 GPA. It still took me 7 years to graduate from college; but when I was handed that diploma and turned back, there was nothing left of that young girl who had little-to-no esteem for herself or her abilities. Somewhere, that girl had learned perseverance, determination, and an ability to keep on going regardless of the circumstance.

I can't speak to whether each event that occurred during my journey was called into being by the Lord, but I am certain that He knew these events would occur and He used those events to grow me. I see the Lord revealed in His mercy, in His love, and in His promise to never forsake me. I would not trade a single pain that I have endured and risk never seeing what the Lord has to reveal.

There can be blessings in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment