3.04.2013

In the Morning

Once my alarm goes off in the morning, I immediately hit the snooze button. Every 5 minutes, my alarm clock continues to remind me that it is time to rise, but again I hit the snooze button. I will wait until the very last possible second to pull back the sheets and place my feet on the cold wood floor. By the time I actually get out to bed, I'm already running 10 minutes late and so begins a frenzy to just get out the front door. In an attempt to save some time, I skip making coffee which means I'm going to spend the better half of my day cranky because I didn't get my morning fix. I typically don't have much time to talk to my husband before leaving and if I do it is probably rushed and my contribution to the conversation is usually less than stellar.

And then I go to church on Sunday, where I'm indirectly asked, "Are you spending time with the Lord every morning?" Ouch.

Why don't I spend time with the Lord every morning? I could probably come up with a dozen reasons, but the fact is that I am making a conscious choice everyday to ignore my Creator and stick to the status quo. I am making the decision that I can maintain my own life and that I don't need any help. Until, I am faced with a situation greater than myself and am reminded that am not able and am in need of my savior.

This is why it is so important to devote time every morning to the Lord. It is an opportunity for me to focus on my savior, to read His words, and to renew my spirit.

Psalm 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment